Monday, July 21, 2014

Weekend travels.

Well not far travels, but we did get our errands done. My daughter Dennise went with her friends to NYC, while Deanna was at her friends house, so we were off with just Dorothy for the day. We did our shopping at Walmart, Aldi's, and Shop Rite. My order for Shop Rite started out at 185.40, after coupons I paid 66.05. Walmart we got school supplies and my magazine. Aldi's were pizzas, carrots, avocados, celery, and deli meat for the girls for summer school.

Dorothy asked if we could eat out and we happened to have Burger King coupons so we did. Dorothy was a happy girl and all she cares about is that she gets one of those dollar chicken sandwiches.

We have really cut down on how much we eat out to save money. Most of the time we buy our pizza's at Aldi's and then freeze then when we get home so that we have them in the house instead of ordering pizza. Mind you when all 8 of us were here we used to cook 4 pizza's to feed everyone. Now there are just 5 of us and we get buy with one. There is $15.00 in savings alone. Not to mention how much it would cost to feed all of us if we went out to eat. I remember bills over $100.00 when we would eat out.

Next year we plan on not going to the movies at all unless they are free through one of the sites I frequent. For those who know my husband and I try to have date night once a week needn't worry because we will stay have our date nights. It might be a little snack after the kids go to bed, a board game, or a movie that just the two of us watch from our huge collection of DVD's. We are pretty adaptive to changes, thankfully.

Sunday the kids were all doing their thing when my husband's mom stopped by. The last time she stopped by she was trying to sell her house, but now she is working on getting a loan to fix it up a bit before putting it back on the market, she really needs all of the luck she can get. The housing market is really bad right now, and I don't see it getting better anytime soon.

We have even thought about making the plunge but to be honest every time we get used to money coming in steady we have a big hiccup out of our control that throws everything off. Time will tell if we actually make the leap, but for now I am just glad that our Landlord once again is sending his men to fix things up in our home. Believe me I have a huge list and most of the stuff on it has been there for the whole time we have lived here. This is our 8th summer here.

Sorry our weekend travels were not more exciting but hey that's life.




No comments:

Post a Comment