Saturday, September 20, 2014

Buddy Bench and Soccer.



Thought I would stop by to update while my homemade spaghetti sauce is cooking away, Dorothy is taking a nap, and Deanna is playing with her friends. I already got one of my reviews up today, picked up my papers for the coupons, and did a little shopping. 

Deanna is excited that one of her old friends from when she was in pre-school has moved back near us, so close in fact she can play with her almost every day, so now that they have rekindled their friendship they have been in and out of the house all day. Deanna's friend will be eating dinner with us as well as spending the night. Most of the time Deanna's friends get homesick and end up going home so time will tell if it works out. Either way she has another friend to play with. 

Soccer is under way in our area and the girls are glad to be back out there on the fields. 


Deanna is playing her last year on the Youth Team and will move up to playing for the school next year. I was very lucky to receive a pair of new Storelli bodyshield Leg Guards for her to try out for a company I work with.  So far so good. Will be doing a full review for them over on my other blog MarksvilleandMe in the next few days. 


Dorothy is excited as if you couldn't tell from this picture. Here she is getting ready to watch her bigger sister play her game. Her game was already done and over with. Sadly because of our prior engagements the girls missed two of their practices but should be ready this week. 

We had Open House at the school for both of the younger girls earlier this week and all went well. Deanna has a new to this school teacher who seems like he has lots of ideas to make learning fun for the kids. While we were meeting him (only one other parent besides myself was there) another teacher came in asking for me and low and behold it is one of my friends who teaches special ed as well and told me anytime Deanna needs help just let her know and she will be there to help out. 

Deanna's teacher asked if there was anyone I didn't know and I said I knew lots of people but certainly not everyone.at a sweet heart. I certainly feel even better knowing that I have another friend on the inside so I can keep abreast of all of the inner school happenings because if you don't ask, you do not receive when it comes to education for your child.

You may remember from last year that Deanna had three teachers and a pretty hard time during school because of all of the changes so I am hoping this year will be another good year like she had two years ago. 

Next it was onto Dorothy's classroom, and her teacher is great. I instantly hit it off with her and look forward to another rewarding school year for my youngest daughter. This teacher seems to have it all together and that makes me really feel good about the education my child receives. 

Being a parent is hard enough without having to worry about if your child is being taught right or not (don't get me going on common core), but I do like to know that the teacher is competent enough to teach my child what they are presented with. 

One thing that bothered me at the Open House had to do with the way the government tells schools what they have to do no matter how much of a bad choice it is for the students, and how easily even the Principle is pulled into spreading lies to parents who don't have the sense to know better really ticks me off. 

On a good note I think the best idea was a bench that the school has that is multi-colored that was placed on the playground. It is for children who can't find anyone to play with. Of course they are hoping kids take the initiative to go over and play with the child but if they don't the playground aides are supposed to help out.  I have seen them called Buddy Benches but now sure what our school calls them. Either way it is a great idea. 

Dinner is almost ready so off I go to enjoy dinner with the family but hope to be back on soon for another update.





No comments:

Post a Comment