Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Summer is half way over.

Wow it has been just over a month since I last updated although I did find a draft in here that I started but trashed it so I could do this one. Things have been moving along here with Samantha putting every check away for a vehicle as well as Dennis working every overtime he can get so we can but a another vehicle ourselves.

It is hard to believe that in a little more then a month school will be back in session. Since I last updated Samantha did buy that running stroller and uses it too. The only other thing she spent money on was her shoes for work, and some new bras. If she keeps losing weight like she is she will need a whole new wardrobe soon.

Dennise has also took up running and is loving it just as much as Samantha, when she gets home she rushes through her chores so that she can get out there for her run. Sometimes she takes Deanna. Deanna will be running more for soccer this year so it is good for her, somedays they even take Dorothy but she can't run as far or as fast as them so they only take her when they all go so that they can spread out and make sure everyone has a running partner. I am so very proud of my girls.

Running is something I could never do and something the Dr.'s said I shouldn't do, something to do with my kidneys. Either way I am doing good with my weight loss, down a bit more this week. Whoot whoot every little bit helps.

Deanna finally learned to ride her bike without training wheels and now I can't keep her off of it unless of course she is running, or swimming. I am so proud of her. She really hasn't been able to ride her bike all that often and this is really the first year that she was able to get some riding in, so this is a big acheievement for her. Yeah Deanna. P.S. Dennis bought Deanna a new bike so that when she learned she would have a surprise, can't wait to see her face when he springs it on her. He also bought Dorothy one she has been wanting one for a long time, and her dreams and wishes are about to come true. I will be sure to post pictures when he finally gives them their surprise.

This is the last week of summer school for Deanna, and Dorothy until school starts back up, as well as the last week for Dennise volunteering at the school. I was told they were glad to have her and what a great help she was to the program. I am so proud of her.

My son ordered his first professional T-shirts for his Magic career. We ordered 7 alone for our house. Can't wait to wear mine. I think we will order from the same company when we order our shirts that Dennis will design. He also landed a much better paying job. The one he should have had last year but things didn't work out. I guess it wasn't in God's plan last year so now he won't have to scrimp as much as he was.

Lilly is going great. She is talking up a storm, and is just as cute as my own kids were, she is just a little extra special because she is my grand daughter. I love being able to see her every day. I know when my parents were alive they either saw my kids every day or we called them. I have always wanted my kids to have a close bond with their grandparents. I was able to succeed with my own but it is still a work in progress with my husband's side. Oh well keep trying we will until they kids decide they have had enough.

I guess that is the short version of catching up. Hope you are all having a great summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment